FSE+™ is a high performance editor, data set manager, file list and job output previewer facility for the TSO and VTAM Multi-User Platform (MUP) environments. FSE+™’s GUI is ideally suited to users who need an easy to use yet highly functional editor. Infrequent edit users also benefit from FSE+™’s design. For example, for those hard to remember subcommands such as “Find” and “Change”, FSE+™ provides a simple fill-in-the-blanks menu. You need only enter “Find ?” or “Change ?” and a menu of optional items is displayed.
Long before IBM’s ISPF was developed, FSE+™ was being used by aerospace engineers at Boeing, Pratt & Whitney, Grumman and others to design airframe and engine simulation software. These engineers are the type of users who are not interested in the subtleties of data editing or wading through complicated software manuals. They want to logon, edit their files and log off with minimal cost and hassle. They demanded a KISS approach to editing and FSE+™ delivered just that.
With IBM making it impossible to have an MVS system without ISPF (something is not quite right about that), why do we keep on developing and marketing FSE+™? A good question with an important answer. First of all we have a large number of FSE+™ users and they deserve to be supported. To these loyal users, FSE+™ is synonymous with data editing. To other customers FSE+™ provides a low cost, high performance alternative to TSO. When executed under our VTAM MUP™, several times as many clients can be supported compared with the TSO/ISPF environment. So next time your TSO performance is poor, consider FSE+™. Moving those users that edit and submit jobs to FSE+™/VTAM MUP™ can save you time and money.
With so many ISPF bigots entering the marketplace, we decided to add an ISPF mode to FSE+™. The ISPF mode allows FSE+™ to look like ISPF but perform like FSE+™. We even have some universities using FSE+™ to train users for ISPF.
FSE+™ contains four major components: FSE (Edit), DSM, LIST (Browse) and LISTJES. FSE (Edit) The FSE editor provides virtual storage editing of sequential files, PDS and PDS/E members.
- Multiple users per address space
- Block COPY, MOVE and DELETE
- Carousel editing (edit up to 32 files concurrently)
- Cut and Paste (from any file to any file in the carousel)
- Data conversion (EBCDIC to and from ASCII, uppercase to and from lowercase)
- Disk overflow (edit files of nearly unlimited size)
- Edit files with LRECL up to 32760
- Edit files spread across multiple volumes
- Edit uncataloged files
- File compression (in-storage) minimizes virtual storage usage
- File locking
- FIND NOT
- Hex editing
- Merge facility
- Shift data within records
- User exits
- DSM™ (Data Set Manager)
DSM™ provides a full screen window to the user’s catalog or any catalog prefix. Data set names and PDS member names are displayed with an input area for command entry. Find and Find Not commands are provided to display subsets of data set or PDS member names.
The following data set and PDS member commands are supported:
- Compress PDS
- Display DSCBs
- Display file attributes
- Display load module IDR history
- Map a load module
- Release unused space
- Rename file
- Test mode for training
- List Browse
List provides a full screen list facility for sequential data sets, PDS and PDS/E members.
- Hex displays
- List files with any LRECL
- Over 25 subcommands are available
- Print all or selected portions of data set
- Record formats of F, V and U (even load modules)
- LISTJES (JES2 or JES3 Output Viewer)
LISTJES provides a full screen display facility for JES output files. LISTJES uses the JES subsystem interface to efficiently process job output.
- Individual job and sysout data set selection
- Cancel, Delete, Print, Purge, Requeue and Save sysout
- Over 25 subcommands are available
Email Ron Turner or call 215-297-9441 for pricing or free 45 day trial.